Dry Fruits: Cashew Nuts
Cashew Nut is a rich flavoured snack, commonly used in Indian snack is a highly demanded product. It can be eaten on its own, roasted, salted or sugared or covered in chocolates. Moreover, it is mostly used in preparation of many sweets & desserts.
Piya International brings freshest range of cashew nut for its esteemed clients. Sourced from reputed farmers in India, cashew nuts offered by us are full of nutritional values and processed well to ensure freshness and superior quality of cashew nut. We do good packaging of cashew nuts before transportation to avoid any type of spoilage during transit. Quality products at the most reasonable price makes us the most demanded manufacturers, exporters and suppliers of cashew nut in India.
About Raw Cashew Nuts
Cashew Nuts are very much in demand as these are available in huge verities and rich in nutritional value have also made it ideal to be used for culinary as well as medicinal use. In different countries, cashew nuts are known by various names. In India, Kaju is the name. The botanical name is Anacardium Occidentale and it belongs to the Anacardiaceae family.
Quantity of Cashew Nuts to be Consumed by an Individual
Every week, it is advised to have 3 servings of cashew nuts per week, each serving includes 18 medium sizes (30 grams) Cashew Nuts. In case, you need to increase you weight, increase the number of servings to 5 per week.
Culinary Uses of Cashew Nuts
Apart from its use in medicinal applications, Cashew Nuts are also used in culinary uses. Below mentioned are some of the uses:
- Cashew Nuts can be added to fried rice with brussel sprouts and tomato.
- Cashew Nuts can be salted, sweetened or eaten raw as snacks.
- Due to the natural sweet taste, the Cashew Nuts are also used to garnish sweets and desserts.
- Like the almonds and other dry fruits, Cashew Nuts are also used in various dishes like hyderbadi-biriyani, rice-pulao, curry (kaaju-shahi-paneer), etc.
- Cashew Nuts crushed with almonds and pistachios are sprinkled on confectionary and sundaes to provide nutty flavour.
- In bakery Products like biscuits, sweets and cakes, Cashew Nuts are used to provide sweety nutty flavour.
- Cashew Nuts are also used to make various liquors.
Health Benefits of Cashew Nuts
Cashew Nuts are rich in iron, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, and selenium. Their benefitstp0 human body are as mentioned below:
- Iron: Improves functionality of red blood cells and enzyme activity.
- Magnesium: Enhances the rate of energy release and improves bone growth.
- Phosphorus: Strengthens bones and teeth.
- Zinc: Improves digestion and metabolism.
- Selenium: The antioxidant properties help in preventing the body from cancer.
Moreover to increase the benefits, it is suggested to avoid salted and oil-roasted cashew nuts. This helps in reducing the content of sodium and added fats in the diet.