Indian Spices: Cumin Seeds
Cumin Seeds are considered as one of the very essential spice to add aroma to various cuisines. This spice is not only used in Indian cuisines, but is also in various international cuisines. The Indian Name for Cumin Seeds is Jeera, Botanical Name is Cuminum Cyminum, and belongs to the Family of Apiaceae. The Cumin Seeds could also be ground and used for garnishing of cuisines and salads.
Piya International is counted on the top in the list of leading manufacturers, exporters & suppliers of cumin seeds or jeera seeds in India. High in nutritional value, our cumin seeds contains calories, fat, carbohydrate, fibers & protein. Cumin seeds are known as second most popular spice in the world after pepper. It has distinctive aroma and so adds earthy feeling and taste to cooking. We supply finest quality cumin seeds processed through advanced equipments to maintain clean cumin seeds delivery to our clients. The affordable price and timely availability have attracted various potential buyers from all round the globe to place bulk orders.
Culinary Uses of Black Cumin Seeds :
Due to the distinctive aromatic character, Cumin Seeds are extensively used for the flavouring of various cuisines. At international level, Cumin seeds are used in Dutch Cheeses, Breads from France, also used in traditional cuisines of Brazil. In addition to this, for Texan or Mexican-style cuisines, the cumin seeds are used with blend of chilli powder. Moreover, various blends like achiote blends, adobos, sofrito, garam masala, curry powder, and bahaarat also require cumin seeds as main ingredient. Thus, to add earthy and warming feeling to cooking, Cumin Seeds both ground as well as whole are used.
Health Benefits of White Cumin Seeds :
Below given are some of the major health benefits of Cumin Seeds:
- Reduction in nausea and increasing lactation in nursing mother.
- Effective appetitive stimulant.
- Improves the functioning of Liver, thus ensures proper detoxification of body.
- The antiseptic properties also make the Cumin Seeds effective to treat cold.
- Increases body heat and make metabolism more efficient.
- The paste of the Cumin Seeds could also be used to treat boils.
- Cumin Seeds are excellent antispasmodic and stimulant. Helps in treating nausea, diarrhoea and morning sickness.