Indian Spices: Sesame Seeds
Sesame Seeds are the oldest oil seeds known to man. The array of the sesame seeds includes both the varieties i.e., While Sesame Seeds and Black Sesame Seeds. These seeds are very much popular in the domestic as well as international market as there is no alternative available for the same. Apart from various culinary applications, the Sesame Seeds are also used for medicinal purposes. The Sesame seeds are available in various grades that meet the international paradigms. The botanical name for Sesame Seeds is Sesamum Indicum L and belongs to the family of Pedaliaceae.
Piya International is reckoned as leading Manufacturers, Exporters & Suppliers of Sesame Seeds in India. We offer almost all types of sesame seeds available in India such as black, white & brown. We process them using advanced agro cleaning tools to ensure free from any type of impurities in sesame seeds supplied by us. Sesame seeds are well known for their high medicinal values since ancient time and so these very useful in various purposes. It is good source of food and oil and it has highest content of oil of any other seeds. We ensure good packaging of sesame seeds after cleaning to ensure quality product at buyers end. Moreover, buyers are also eased with the availability of the Sesame Seeds of export quality at market leading prices.
Health Benefits of Fresh Sesame Seeds :
Apart from culinary applications, the nutritional facts also make the Sesame Seeds ideal to embrace the below mentioned health benefits.
- Sesame seeds are used for the making of delicious and nutritious food. Sesame Seeds are highly rich in minerals, antioxidants, vitamins and various health benefiting nutrients.
- Helps in lowering "bad cholesterol" or LDL, and increasing "good cholesterol" or HDL in blood. In addition to this, mono-unsaturated fats also help in preventing coronary artery disease.
- Being good source of dietary proteins with amino acids helps in growth of children.
- Sesame Seeds contain Sesamol and Sesaminol that are phenolic anti-oxidants. The Sesame Seeds are considered ideal to make body free from radicals.
- Also meet the requirement of B-complex vitamins like niacin, folic acid, thiamin (vitamin B1), pyridoxine (vitamin B6), and riboflavin.
- Sesame Seeds also fulfil 25% of recommended daily intake of folic acid if 100 g is consumed. If given to expectant mothers, it also prevents neural tube defects in the baby.
- Sesame Seeds also fulfil the requirement of essential minerals like Calcium, Iron, Manganese, Zinc, Magnesium, selenium, and Copper.